OK, let's start from the beginning. You would consider yourself someone who does not actively share the Gospel with others. You would count yourself among the 80% of professing believers that Campus Crusade found who do not regularly share the Gospel with the lost. I am going to assume that, since you are visiting this blog, you at least want to be more involved in evangelism. If that is not the case, ask God to change your heart. That was me in 1998. I had no desire to share the Gospel with lost people. I asked God to change my heart and He did!
So, let me go on to those who want to do more to share the Gospel, but don't - for whatever reason (we will be dealing with some of the reasons in the days and weeks ahead). You have asked God to change your heart. Now it is time to obey!
Let me suggest this first step to get you moving forward. Get yourself some GOOD Gospel tracts. I say good because there are a lot of bad ones out there! Some great, and affordable Gospel tracts from http://www.livingwaters.com/. These tracts are so good that you will actually get people asking for more! I have been in several situations where I cannot give them away fast enough! You can get a pack of 100 tracts for as little as $5. Although, for this first step, I would encourage you to get some of the 10 Commandments Coins which are $8 for a pack of 50. If you are too young to order them on your own, you could always ask for an advance on your next birthday gift! Living Waters does a great job of shipping their tracts out quickly, so it shouldn't take too long for them to arrive.
Now what you will want to do is be ready to leave these tracts in places where other people will find them and pcik them up. Here are some of the places where I like to leave the coins:
-at the gas station pump
-in the shopping cart that you just finished using at Wal-Mart or the grocery store
-with a tip (at least 15%) when you go out to eat
-on the chair you were sitting on in a coffee shop or mall
-in a pair of pants pocket on the rack at Wal-Mart
-in the coin return at a pay phone or vending machine
Get creative! As you go about your daily activities, you will be amazed at the number of places you could leave a coin. And the beauty is, it's no big deal if it gets wet in the rain! And someone WILL pick it up. Any time I have left a coin and been by the same location a day later, I have never returned to find the coin still sitting there.
Now, I know what you may be thinking - "But that's not sharing the Gospel!" Let me just ask you this - why not? Why doesn't that "count" as sharing the Gospel? You did something to put the Gospel in the path of another person. Because of that simple act, another person will know what they must do to be saved. Sounds like sharing the Gospel to me!
So, are you terrified of sharing the Gospel with others? How about taking this simple first step? What if you did this just 3 times a week? It will take you about 17 weeks, at that pace, to get rid of your 50 coins.
Think about it this way, how many people have you shared the Gospel with over the past 4 months? There is a very good chance that the answer may be zero. If you take this challenge, 4 months from now, you will be able to know that you sowed the seed of the Gospel to 50 people. That's a whole lot better than answering zero again 4 months from now! Drop me a note to let me know how it went!
Go get into the harvest field!

