Thursday, June 25, 2009

Someone's Gettin' A Tract!

Having come through the Ambassadors' Academy, my new goal is to share the Gospel every day. Now, this week has been a little light compared to last week, but the everyday challenge has still been met. However, I was especially looking forward to tonight - we had a permit to have a Prayer Station set up in the Metroparks.

About an hour prior to the start time, the sky began to look intimidating. Well, no backing down - it may pass! I went down to the location 30-minutes early and the sky was getting darker. Thunder and lightning was everywhere. I was not exactly a happy camper! Not because of some everyday challenge, but because a good time of witnessing was slipping through my fingers. Within 5 minutes of start time, the sky opened and the storms began!

I had called my team to make sure they stayed home. But someone was getting a tract tonight! And, no, not just to meet some personal goal - I had done a little witnessing in a Catholic chat room earlier in the day. This was going to be a night of witnessing and I wasn't going home without doing something tonight!

I made a quick drive-thru stop for a cup of coffee on the way home and gave an Obama trillion to the girl at the window. She lit up and thanked me! My arm had gotten soaked from the downpour, but it was worth it for this young lady to have the Gospel in her hands.

I am continually amazed at the change God is doing in me. Just a few weeks ago, the minute the sky looked bad, I would have called the whole thing off and stayed home, saying, "Oh, well Lord - at least I was willing!" Not anymore. I was upset that the Prayer Station was to be cancelled - just ask my wife. But I was amazed at the burning in my heart to make sure SOMEBODY got the Gospel tonight.

Please pray for the young lady. I pray that I see her in heaven!