Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Angry Manager

The other night I was sent on mission to a local taco fast food joint - no names here, of course! I offered a tract to the girl at the window where I gave the money. She was reluctant but eventually took it. I pulled ahead to the second window to get my food. I had a tract ready to give to this worker, when suddenly the manager came rifling over to the window trying to look down into my car - and with a none too happy look on his face! I'll admit, I panicked and did not offer the tract.

Just another example of how I still have a long way to go. I mean, what was he going to do to me? Climb through the little window to punch me? That would have been pretty humorous to see! Would he ban me from that restaurant? I'm sure my doctor would not have objected to that threat! It was an unexpected moment and I blew it.

But this, again, brings up the question - what is it that got under his skin? Why not just grumble at chuckle at the religious fanatic after he drives away? Why charge the window like an angry bull?

But, that aside, I am now at 17 days in a row of sharing the Gospel. Please pray for me!